Friday, November 23, 2007

A Sore Throat And Some Hot Tea........

I felt that my throat was feeling kind of raw this morning and it reminded me about the last time I was sick and "under the weather". So I made some hot (very hot) tea. I added some honey, lemon and brandy to the tea too and it is making my throat feel a lot better but I'm going to continue drinking it through out the day.

I am a big fan of drinking tea! Drinking tea always makes me feel better. I also toyed with the idea of growing my own herbs so that I can use them in my tea.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cold is probably in full blossom or over with by now. Next time during the summer you may want to grow or gather echinacea and mullein plant leaves. Add them to a jar and put a chopped onion in with them and then fill the remaining space in the jar with vodka. After a month or so (or when ever you need it which is when I strain it) and take a tablespoon a day when ever you have a cold or the flue. This formula is anti viral and breaks up congestion in the lungs.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Thank you for the comment. Of course I am saving your comment and will add it to my recipies file!

There are things that I do when I am feeling "under the weather" and it includes me having tea with lemon, honey and brandy plus its a good time for good hearty stews and soups. I thought of that when you mentioned onions! Onions and garlic are very good healing foods!

Plus I look at it as if my body is telling me to slow down and get some rest - which is what I do - which means that I'm listening to my body which is what my body wanted me to do in the first place.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here