Sunday, October 07, 2007

My Altar - Sort Of

I have seen pictures of other people's altars posted online and while I don't have a "set" altar right now I do have a small one that is on the dresser in my bedroom. It is my offering to Ganesha that is supposed to do away with the blocking of opportunity and to help increase the flow of abundance and wealth into my life.

Hopefully you can make out the picture even though its not the best quality. I took the picture with my cameraphone.

My offerings include my spare change and other offerings of candies and mints. I only use them in times of emergency and replace them back as soon as I can!

I haven't decided where I'm going to put my permanent altar yet. It is just so hard to decide where.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very nice. Ganesha is such a wonderful god. You might also offer him incense, sweets, and red flowers. He is also said to like music and dance.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Interesting! The altar is sitting right next to my record player so the "music" is right near the altar. Funny you should mention incense because I have some of that - but I'm still working on getting or even making an incense holder.

Sweets - I make offerings of candies.

Red flowers? There are rose bushes outside of my house - and I can't think of a better "red" flower to offer as my offering....but it does give me an idea to plant other red flowers next year so that I can also use those as offerings too.

Thanks for the words!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here