Monday, October 22, 2007

"Treasures" Of The Natural Kind!

I'm working on my patience! I have come to find out that the more patient I am the more that favorable things happen and ironically the more I get done! With that being said....

I was raking leaves yesterday! Now the fact that I actually got able to get out and rake leaves is a good thing in and of itself because I have been having financial concerns that took up the majority of my brain waves. I was feeling bad about them and worrying about them which I know only adds weight to the problem and makes the problem far more worse! So I started to think about all the things that I have to be grateful for and believe there are a lot of things that I have to be grateful for! And so I went out and raked leaves! I was doing this because my area provides pickups for leaves. I was also doing to get outside and be outside - its always advised to be a part of nature as much as you can. Another reason why I was doing it is because the more work I do outside the house the more it looks like someone is taking care of the outside of the house.

So I'm raking leaves and taking my time because I know that I don't have to do it all in one day because I have a few days before the scheduled leaf pickup. I'm taking my time and remembering all the things that I am grateful for.

Like I said before I found out and I am learning that the more patient and less stressed I am the more that the world opens up to me. And this was true while I was raking up the leaves. You see there were branches that I have to break up because they fell during some past storms and while I was doing that I found some great branches that I can use elsewhere!

I always wanted a "natural" wand and now I have several pieces to choose from. I also saved some of the stronger branches because I'm going to use them in my garden to help hold some of my plantings. Being outside also gave me time to reflect on all the possibliities that I have for arranging things the way I want them to. I already have a birdbath and I was also thinking about adding a birdfeeder or a small bird house.

Plus I have a lot of other ideas too! I was going to add a cute picture here but Blogger is acting "wonky" and it won't let me upload any pictures so I saved the picture and hopefully I'll be able to post it soon!

By the way I'm enjoying all the Halloween-ish things going on now including watching the old horror movies (and some new horror movies as well) and I'm thinking of adding some Halloween decorations around the house!

I would also love to hear the Halloween plans of my fellow witches!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shell said...

Hi Angel,

I'm going to give kids their treats when they come to the door. Once that is done, I do a tarot card spread. Then I do what I call asking the ancestors for advice. Basically like automatic writing. I clear and ground then write what I feel and hear. What I get is always accurate and astounding as the year progresses.
Then I watch my fave episode from the old tv show Beauty and The Beast called Masques. This is the first time I heard of Halloween's older origins.
That is bascially my Halloween.

4:27 PM  
Blogger R.E. said...

Hi, Angel -- I was surfing this morning and enjoyed visiting your blog.

I wanted to invite you to add your blog to Blogging Between the Worlds, my top list showcasing Pagan bloggers from across the web. I want to get us all read!

Bright blessings and a wonderful Samhain to you.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last weekend I went to Shadowfest, the Strega version of Samhain. Last night, I went trick-or-treating with my sister and her kids. Soon I'm headed off to Florida Pagan Gathering, a weekend festival. Next weekend, my coven celebrates Samhain. In between, I've decorated my altar and have been watching scary movies and tv shows about hauntings and all that good stuff. I love this time of year.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Regarding "Blogging Between The Worlds" - I went to the link you provided, liked it and decided to join. So far I got my first authorization, now I'm waiting for my 2nd. I'm also wondering if I will have to make a banner to add to the site?

Even though I don't consider myself Pagan I saw a lot of interesting site links!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here