Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Started My Garden!

I was looking at my gardening notes (yes I keep notes (-: and saw that I haven't had a garden since 2003! 4 years! A lot has gone on in my life in those 4 years and I can see why I wasn't doing any gardening. But to turn this into a happy post I started planting my first seeds in the past few days!

This is quite an accomplishment for me and I'm very excited to have started my garden again! It gives me more meaning now since I have taken the path of a hedge/green/kitchen witch. I mean really - shouldn't a hedge/green/kitchen witch have a garden!!!!!!

My first planted seeds are just a few vegetables but I plan on planting something like every two weeks. (Hopefully I'll post some pictures here of my garden). Excited as I am I just want to plant everything but my past experience with gardening has shown me that having patience is the best thing.

I'm thinking of having a true witch's garden which just means that besides having a lot of different things planted, the things that I plant I will use also in my cooking and my spellwork which brings me to the subject of herbs.

I can just imagine harvesting my herbs! Gathering the harvest and wrapping them together with string.......................

I have a good sized area for my garden and have a section for herbs and a section for vegetables and I'll plant flowers and the like at different corners or areas. But one of the most important things that I have learned about gardening is that it takes patience. There will be a lot of maintenance but there will also be a lot of fun times watching them grow, picking and harvesting them.

I don't know how many of you out there have gardens or are thinking about starting a garden but I would highly recommend it! Not only is it relaxing it also teaches one patience and gives you more appreciation for nature and what goes on with nature. When I'm out in my garden I like feeling the breeze and looking at the trees and just hearing the sounds of the neighborhood. All of this does wonders for your soul. And when your soul is at peace so are you.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here