Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Made Another Stew.....

Even at my relatively older age I'm still learning how to cook. I made another stew today and I think that I do it more for the preparation than for the actual stew itself - although it does taste yummy!

First for all of those that are interested my stews are relatively simple. I'll use either chicken or other meats as the foundation and I'll chop up what vegatable I have and add them to the stew. I'll put the meat in a big pot and fill it halfway with water and I'll add salt and pepper and let that cook while I cut the vegatables - always onions and garlic and potatoes and this time I had a pepper so I added that. I also have some sphagetti and I added that. I'll let it cook at a low flame for the rest of the day - always checking on it. And by dinnertime I'll have a nice hot stew to warm my belly!

I know that this is part of what being a kitchen witch is - using the kitchen and its contents. You don't have to get fancy - the main purpose of the stew is to fill you up plus with all the added things in it you'll be healthier. But I think its the process that bears mentioning. All that chopping and cutting should be relaxing. You shouldn't think of it as something to be done and over with but you should think of it as a process. The ingredients go into the stew making it part of the stew itself and you let it simmer and the smell fills up your home while you merrily do something else, the smell is a reminder that you have a stew cooking. Once your stew is ready to eat it fills you up making you feel good for the next thing that you have do. It fills your belly.

I know that there are all sorts of stew receipes online and I'd like to try some of them but I don't want to discount my creations at all. If you're curious you too should experiment. Have I burned anything yet? No, not yet - LOL! But its the process that's fun. And it should also be relaxing for you as well.

Of course I'm going to experiment with different spices and different vegetables. I even want to use stuff from my own garden! Have fun!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here