Sunday, March 04, 2007

Incense

Incense and burner


Well I bought my first piece of incense a few days ago. I was always curious about them. I'd see them all the time in stores and wanted to buy them but I just didn't know what to do with them?

Now that I have started to meditate on a regular basis adding incense as part of my tools is what I wanted to do. Now the first time I used them I put them in a long vase but I discovered that as the ashes burned, they dropped so I have to figure out what I'm going to use to catch the ashes. I have done a little researching online and I found the picture above. I figure I can use that as a basis for what kind of burner that I can use. My first idea is to use one of the old ashtrays that are around and fill it with sand. Of course now I have to find some sand somewhere! But in the meantime I'm going to try the ashtray part.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

Here in England you can buy little lenghts of wood that curve up at the end, with a hole in it... the ashes are caught in the groove and the hole holds the incense at an angle as it burns...
In love and light,
Willow Myrina.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

To be quite honest when I was at my local grocery store I saw what they called incense burners and I didn't like them (besides not understanding how to use them) because they looked hard to figure out.

I always like experimenting with new things and may give them a try because they sound a little like what you're talking about.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here