Thursday, February 15, 2007

Meditation

More and more I am doing this! My favorite meditation room is my livingroom. I light a candle (actually now I have 2) and sit in the large comfy chair, close my eyes and simply focus on my dreams and desires. Today as I was meditating my cat kept me company as she stretched out across the top of the chair.

One candle is a white candle with a slight aroma and the 2nd candle is green - which symbolizes money! I want to do this routine at least once a day and at least an hour each day!

I would encourage everyone to do this - even if you don't believe in witchcraft, meditation is something that everyone can do (and it is an activity that lots of people recommend).

Why do I meditate? To get rid of the voices in my head and to de-stress myself when it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. Sometimes I'll fall asleep but when I wake up I'm a lot more relaxed and I feel refreshed. Even after I have had a good night's sleep, I may still fall asleep when I meditate but oddly enough I feel much better (better than I do sometimes when I have had a good night's sleep!)

You don't need a lot of stuff to do this. Just find yourself a nice quiet spot, close your eyes and think of only your dreams and desires and what it is you want. Just focus on that. If you find your mind drifting towards thoughts that cause you stress - get right back to your focus.

It may take you some time to be able to do this but if you do it a little at a time you just might be amazed at the results!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here