Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Grounding & Centering

I found another informative blog online and I wanted to post a comment to it but the Internet wouldn't let me do it so I'll post my comment here along with a link to the blog:

I believe that grounding and centering are the foundations that have to be done first before going on with any "witchy" magik. I just wish that I could always remember this in my haste! A previous poster was right when they mentioned the hectic pace of one's day and all the feelings of stress - which is the time when grounding and centering is needed the most. But even though we know this we don't always practice it (and by "we" I am definitely including myself:roll:
It's true what you said about those that are new to the craft in that they want everything fast but I found out that it just doesn't work that way - not if you are serious about the whole craft!


I was out in the rain today waiting for my bus and it was late! So I'm standing in the rain for an hour and the thought occurs to me that "hey" its due in the other direction" - so I waited for it in the rain. As cold and wet and windy as it was I was fairly able to manage an air of serenity as I watched the weather before me. I just enjoyed taking in the view and I was reminded of how good this rain would be for my garden. This calming thought - along with others - made my bus's arrival seem like it took no time at all!

So in the midst of stress try the opposite which is calmness and serenity. And what also helped was the fact that I reminded myself why I was out there in the first place and the joy I would feel in returning back home! (Which is where I'm typing from now-LOL!

Grounding and Centering one's self are good things to remember when you find yourself in stressful situations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here