Thursday, October 12, 2006

Counting My Blessings......

I went to my local store today - actually I walked because

  1. I really should walk more
  2. the convenience store is only a few blocks away

There were just a few things I needed and besides I had a letter to mail and the mailbox was along the way. Nice, autumn day outside with leaves blowing from the trees and a little windy - with is just the way I like it!

As I was coming back I ran into one neighbor who's husband had died earlier this year. We started talking and she told me that she didn't have much of an appetite since her husband died. It was just after noon and she told me that she hadn't eaten yet. This made me worried about her. It also kind of made me feel guilty because I had had a hearty breakfast a few hours before. I told her about the stew I made and she seemed quite impressed but I wondered in the back of my mind whether or not she was still cooking like she used to for her husband. One good thing is that her family and the neighbors are always checking on her (even the mailman checks on her). By comparison my appetite has been quite hearty as of late. I have been cooking meals as opposed to just whipping up something fast.

Another neighbor passed away and his family is having a hard time getting his "affairs in order". They live in another state and have to come back here in order to get things straightened away and it is a strain on them. By comparison things have been more manageable for me after my mother died. It wasn't easy and there are still moments but I haven't gone through as much as they have.

So my little journey today has made me think to count my blessings and be grateful for what I have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here