Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's Ironic Really!

I originally decided to take the path of the witch and learn the art of "The Craft" simply because of that - the craft. But I'm finding that I'm practicing things more of a spiritual nature than the actual practice of witchcraft. Don't get me wrong though because I still have my candles and my Book of Shadows, my incense and my spells but I'm also doing things like meditation, visualizations and for the most part becoming a more better, relaxed and peaceful person.

Originally that was one of the reasons why I chose the witch path as opposed to the Wiccan path because the later involved more of a way of life as opposed to actual witchcraft which is what I wanted to do. There were even some aspects of Wicca that I found relative to the kind of life that I wanted but again I wanted to be in it for the witchcraft.

But I'm learning so many things and a lot of them have to do with the person itself and all about healing those things that are causing one conflict and negative energy. The topic of energy both negative and positive has been popping up everywhere and in different places. This topic is discussed in witch forums, wicca forums, new wave forums, spirituality forums and religious forums and that just means that it is an important aspect of all of these different forums.

So guess what that has made me learn? It has made me learn that its not all about the "casting of spells" and doing the other "witchy" things. I'm learning that it all starts from within me. Tools and spells and chants can help but if I'm not in the right frame of mind or if I'm not grounded and centered and not distracted by distractions then the whole thing is not and will not continue to be right.

I still love doing the "witchy" things but I know that its not all about the "witchy" things.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

This is pretty much how it started for me. i was 13, and spells looked"cool". I'd always believed in magick anyway, so i didn't have to tweak any beliefs for it. Now I'm a spiritual pagan who happens to cast a spell every now and again.
In Love And Light,
Willow Myrina.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Soon you'll find that you may not need certain tools and chants etc...They can be just things that you do in the physical world to make things happen in the spriritual. People make lots of money writing books on how to do this and that, and we think that we have to follow them to make stuff happen. I think it ALL comes from within.
I wish you well on your journey :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Yes I do agree that it does come from within - I have learned that now but I did start this because of how the spell thing looked cool just like Willow Myrina commented. I think that this is where the real test comes and what you take out of it.

Sure, involving the tools can be fun and even helpful and I have heard (and agree) that tools help enhance a spell - its just that now I know that it does start from within and I hope those that are new to this will learn this as well.

Its not all just about the spells.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here