Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More Wiccan Than Witch......

That is how my past few days have been. I managed to get a copy of "The Secret" and I have been listening to it more than once. My thoughts are constantly fighting against each other and I have been meditating on a regular basis. I meditate to clear my mind and focus on the things that I do want and not to concentrate (and bring more power to) on the things that I don't want. My meditation sessions (I try to keep them to at least an hour a day) do help me a great deal. It's just that away from the meditation sessions is where my mental battles take over.

Wicca and Witchcraft do dictate that you have to start with yourself first before you try to work on other things. I know that I'm not alone in my mental battles and here are a few tidbits of advice and things that I have seen that may help you if you're going through the same thing:

  • Make a list of 5 things that you are grateful for. Doing this helps you appreciate the things that you do have and it also puts you in a better state of mind

  • Focus on what it is that you do want and don't focus on what you don't want. The more focus you put on something whether it is good or bad will bring more power to it and will make it more likely to manifest

  • Everytime that you are feeling bad or depressed or angry or any other negative emotion tell yourself that "I want to feel good". When you tell yourself this you'll find things to feel good about and the more you feel good the more those good feelings will manifest

Now I have had a few instances when I believed that this has worked. One time I was at the grocery store shopping and I didn't have a way to get back. While I was shopping I put my focus on having a ride home. I focused to the point of almost making myself sick. But my ride home manifested in me seeing one of my neighbors who offered to drive me home. Now I didn't see them and go over and ask them to drive me home. I saw the wife and we greeted each other and she asked me how I was getting home and I told her that I was going to take the bus and she offered to drive me home because we only live a few doors from each other. Another time I manifested a client - actually it was a client that I already had who bought another order of business cards that I had designed for him. So this stuff does work.

So as you can see I have been more on a spiritual path than a "witchy" one. I'm still doing a hunt for my perfect meditation candle and I still need an incense burner that I'm thinking about making from scratch (as soon as I get some sand). I have a couple of online witch courses that I'm dying to start and I will post about them here. I still have my BOS (Book of Shadows) but I haven't made any recent entries in it.

By the way I find it cute that a lot of us have cats. I sometimes look at my cat and wonder if she knows that she is a witch's cat but I don't think that she even cares as long as I adhere to her wishes.

Also any interesting and related links I will post here. I'm also toying with the idea of posting pictures now that I have my camera phone because I have become jealous of everybody else's pictures.

I also have noticed that a lot of the blogs that I read, the people that have them post the most gorgeous of scenery pictures around their area and that is what I'm going to do too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here