Thursday, October 23, 2008

Etsy?

I found this very interesting website! It's called Etsy and I wanted to investigate it more because I have seen cute little graphics about it on other people's websites and blogs.

Etsy is a site where you can buy and sell handmade products - including handmade jewelery, bags and even some clothing - of which some are knitted and / or crocheted. I also liked seeing the various food-related products for sale - especially the different kinds of tea! I love having a "spot of tea every now and then!

But you know what else it got me to thinking about? Me and the kinds of "crafts" that I myself have created and the fact that I even have the ability to do so!

What can I do? Well of some of the products that I have seen on Etsy, I have come to realize that I can knit, crochet and especially SEW - since I'm always repairing and mending stuff! (I also like to cook too!) I have seen a lot of cute things being sold on Etsy that look like the kind of thing that I could whip up!

Another thing too is that all the skills mentioned above are also very relaxing things to do and I especially like doing it while watching a good movie!

It's also taking me back to a time that was more simpler where being able to do things like knitting and crocheting didn't seem to be so old-fashioned - in fact it was sometimes a necessity.

And that is reminding of why I chose to be a hedgewitch in the first place which is because the meaning to me is of the traditional witch that uses the supplies that they have at hand! (Think I'm feeling a past-life flashback coming on!)

It's also got me curious about what my fellow witches and reader have as hobbies and/or talents such as the above?

Now that I have acknowledged (both to myself and to you) my "other talents - let's hear about yours!

And - PS - this just gives me more pictures that I have to post which now includes things that I have made!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

So ... you've found Etsy, eh? Well, I hope you grow to love it - it is a great community of all kinds of talented crafters!

:)

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I homestead, so I'm very big on "old fashioned" skills. I knit, sew,
crochet, brew beer and blacksmith.

Things I would like to add to my skill set soon (have materials...just need the time!): basketry, spinning, weaving, pottery, and cheese making.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

I LOVE the old-fashioned things!

Even in this so-called "modern" world I think the old-fashioned stuff still has a place in it.

Some skills that I would also like to add to my skill set include baking! I would love to get back to that as I have done it in the past!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here