Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Onions! And It's Many, Many Uses!

Oh the many, many uses of onions!

I took this picture with my cellphone camera when I was making some stew (that I soon hope to create a recipie and call it "Witch's Stew" A nice and simple stew recipie for when you don't have a lot of ingredients. I love slow-cooking my stew all day long so that I can smell it cooking all through the house! And now since the weather is turning chillier (if not down-right cold!) having a good hearty stew really helps to hit the spot!

But looking at this picture has reminded me of the many uses of onions! Since I am part kitchen-witch, I can really appreciate the fact that you can use onions for many different things and some of the things don't even involve cooking!

I also know that there are some spells that use onions.

I think that it's the strong scent of onions that makes it a popular choice for many, many things!

Also on a side note - its another thing that I want to try to grow in my garden too as I have had great success with growing onion-garlic!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Angel, thanks for the comment. Please feel free to visit any time and I will do the same. I haven't had a chance to do any updating lately but you have inspired me again t o get it updated.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Onions are great for bee stings. As soon as you get the stinger out, put a slice of cut onion on it. I don't know exactly what it does, but it works!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

I do know that you can do a lot of things with onions and that it has many properties just like garlic does.

Thanks for the info about how it helps with bee stings - I'll add that to my database!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here