Monday, June 04, 2007

Nocturnal

I was sitting here at the computer and it suddenly dawned on me that I have been very much nocturnal for a good part of my life. Even back when I was a kid I remember seeing signs of it. My father used to come home late because he worked the night shift and I remember staying up waiting for him to come home. I wasn't always successful at it but I do remember me staying up late.

Later on in life I have worked a lot of overnight shifts and it didn't bother me much to sleep in the daytime - except when the phone rang or someone was knocking at the door - THAT always annoyed me!

So I'm sitting here typing away and its almost 2am in the morning. It's been raining off and on and there are occassional bouts of lightening. I have the window open and can feel a breeze - as a matter of fact its a little cool for June but I attribute that to the rainy weather. I have the radio playing soft music but not too loud for me to not hear what else is going on! My cat is downstairs laying at her most recent favorite spot which is the coffee table in the livingroom.

I'm going to stay up a few hours more - sunrise is around 6am - so maybe it will just start to be light outside before I go to bed for the "night". The kids will be out waiting for the school bus around 7:30am and I kind of use that as a "clock" to let me know what time it is.

To be quite honest I kind of like this nocturnal schedule and I know that if I don't stress about it too much my schedule will resort to more "normal" hours later on down the line like it always does. How cool is it to live like that!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

Hi there~ Sounds like a nice time to hang out alone deep into the night. I am not a nocturnal babe...I always wanted to be:) But, come 10:00pm...time for jammies and a book! I am up by 6:00am to play in my garden and to blog.
Enjoy your night time peace...and I am off to go feed the birds, fill up the bird bath and clip some herbs:)
Nice to meet you!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

It is just so weird! I'll be up until about 7am and then I'll sleep til about 4pm....

But as the time goes on my pattern will shift but I always end up back to my nocturnal shift in about a week or 2.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here