Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tonight I Light A Green Candle For Prosperity~




Tonight I light a green candle for prosperity!

No chants, or words - just a lit green candle sitting by an open window (thank goodness the weather is nice tonight!) to call and welcome prosperity into my home!



I'm quite sure that this is not an original kind of spell. It just "came" to me as I was in the room and there was a green candle "staring" at me so I decide that since the color green is associated with prosperity - I would light the candle tonight.

Do you think that seeing the candle and getting the "inspiration" to light it and put it near an open window was a calling of some kind? I kind of think that it was.



I should also add that I just noticed on my blog that tonight is a new moon - and I didn't even know this when I lit the candle!

Of course the new moon is a good to do spells that have to do with wanting to start something anew. It is also a good time for spells when you want to increase something (in my case prosperity) because this is the time when the new moon is waxing which means that it is increasing in shape (and power) and I didn't even know this when I lit the candle! I really definitely think that this was a sign - casting a spell at almost the perfect correspondence time of the moon!

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Undies said...

How do you become a witch? Apart from the obvious innate connection one feels with nature, the world, and close ones, what do you study to become a full-fledged witch?
What if one thinks they've cast spells unintentionally, or with ulterior motives, can they be "taken back"?

8:30 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Sure it is! Not everything has to be about long rituals and cermonial high magick in order to work. What I've learned from my path is that the simple workings we feel called to do during quiet moments are just as powerful. It is our intent that is important, it's isn't always about having the right colors, the right herbs or the right moon phase. If it feels like the right time even if you don't have everything the books tell you is needed, it IS.

:o)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

When I decided that I wanted to become a witch I went online and found out as much as I could about it. There seems to be no set rules on how one becomes a witch. In my case since I'm a solitary witch I put myself through a year and day of study before I decided that I could truly call myself a witch - but I would advise you to read as much as you can about it and then decide for yourself.

Personally I don't know if you can "take back a spell" - you could try another spell to counter-act it though.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

I have also learned that when doing spells you don't need a lot of stuff - that is unless you want to. And I agree with you Shannon that it is the intent that counts.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Will said...

Nice post which a lit green candle sitting by an open window. In which the color green is associated with prosperity I would light the candle. Thanks a lot for posting.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Steve said...

Nice post which It is also a good time for spells when you want to increase something because this is the time when the new moon is waxing. Which means that it is increasing in shape and It didn't even know this when It is lit the candle. Thanks a lot for posting.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

I think it is a nice little simple spell that can be done by almost anybody. You just need a green candle, a night with the right moon and an open window (in my case a "screened" open window - LOL!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its a great idea as these green lights glow at night.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Yes, I think it's a great idea too. I was thinking about lighting one and sitting outside on my back porch.

Since there won't be another full moon until Sept. 30th, I just wanted to do something special.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here