Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beltane Activities

Beltane started on May 1st




Here are some activities that you can do to celebrate Beltane:

"Many people would rise at the first light of dawn to go outdoors and gather flowers and branches to decorate their homes.

Women traditionally would braid flowers into their hair.

Men and women alike would decorate their bodies.


Beltane marks the return of vitality, of passion.

Ancient Pagan traditions say that Beltane marks the emergence of the young God into manhood. Stirred by the energies at work in nature, he desires the Goddess. They fall in love, lie among the grasses and blossoms, and unite. The Goddess becomes pregnant of the God. To celebrate, a wedding feast, for the God and Goddess must be prepared. Let Them guide you! Breads and cereals are popular. Try oatmeal cakes or cookies sweetened with a dab of honey. Dairy foods are again appropriate...just make a lovely wedding feast and you are sure to enjoy yourself!

An early morning walk through a local park or forest could be fun for everyone.

Gather up some plants or flowers to display in your home. (I especially like this one because it is something that I can do myself)

Mom and daughter could braid their hair, and weave in a few tender blossoms.

I really like all of these ideas and quite ironically I did braid my hair and am wearing my hair like that right now!

Since that I know that we are now in the Beltane season there are things that I can do to help celebrate it. As I have mentioned many times before on this blog I have a backyard where I have my garden and I have already started planting.

I also have some roses that are growing on the side of my house and to celebrate Beltane I could bring a few cut roses inside and set them up as a centerpiece.

So what are you doing to celebrate the Beltane Sabbat?


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here