Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer Solstice On June 21st




From what I know so far the summer solstice is the longest day of the year. It is the time to celebrate the summer months.

"Litha as they name it, which is celebrated around the longest day of the year, is a time for celebrating the power of light and the fruition of fertility. It can be described as Mother Nature being heavy with pregnancy. In other words, crops are growing towards readiness for harvesting.





The Summer Solstice marks the longest day of summer, the point at which the life-giving sun is at its strongest over the powers of darkness.
"

Interestingly enough I couldn't find a lot of detailed information about the summer solstice online and would love to hear comments from you on what you are going to do to celebrate.

I know that I want to do something to celebrate it - I just don't know what I'm going to do yet.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Witchy said...

I made an altar outside to honor the Sun and representing the energy of the God. I used a gold candle. You can see a picture of it on my blog: http://witchywritings.blogspot.com/

3:08 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

This sounds absolutely lovely! I really have to use more of my outside space since I am bless with having both a front and back porch and a little bit of land on my propety.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Witchy said...

That sounds like an awesome idea! I'm also solitary and I would love to follow more of a kitchen/hedge witch path but the only problem is that I never seem to find good kitchen witch websites. Oh also I have a banner now that links to my website if you're interested in putting it on your blog. I am really trying to build a community and I'm sure you are as well.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Well I have found a lot of great blogs online relating to being a kitchen witch but I haven't compiled a list of them yet.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here