Saturday, June 28, 2008

An Interest In Cemetaries?

While I was eating dinner a few nights ago I was looking for something interesting to watch on television as I ate my meal. Lo and behold there was a program coming on my local public service tv station and it was about cemetaries. It was an hour long program and I watched the whole thing!

I do have an interest in cemetaries mostly because they look so peaceful - especially when they are surrounded by a lot of green nature! While I have always known that there have been (and still are) people that are interested in them this is the first time that I have seen an entire show devoted entirely to them.

I'm not too crazy about the ones that have all of their plots so close together but I understand that there are some like that.

I also think that it is a tradition of one faith where they can't be buried in the ground - therefore the stone structure that surrounds them.

People come from all over the world to see the grave sites of famous people!

Some cemetaries have additional benefits to their environment such as special kinds of flowers. Some of them even give tours!

There is a lot of history surrounding a lot of these cemeteries and groups of people will come out to help acknowledge certain people and family members that they have lost! Some people leave memorabilia besides the gravesites of famous people and others plant flowers.

This also reminds me too that I should (if I'm allowed) do the same thing at my own parents' gravesite because they are buried close together.

I never thought of cemeteries as "creepy" or spooky - just very peaceful!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm attracted to cemeteries as well. I like the really old ones in small towns especially if they have ornate markers and statues. There's a lot of history there.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Witches Corner - Place for free information on witchcraft said...

I love your blog! I subscribed to it and am looking forward to your updates! Blessed Be!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

I'm very glad for your posts! It's always something to find out there are others who share the same interests!

Actually I live near a cemetary! I'll have to take a picture of it and post it here!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 


Powered by WebRing.








*HUGS* TOTAL!
give AngelWitch more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


How Happy is the World Today - Click here to find out.

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


For Bid Watch
Click Here